Search TrueAuthority.com
PicoSearch
Cryptozoology - Creation vs Evolution - Dinosaurs



------------------------------------------
4/04 - John writes
...
Mr. Niednagel - Why does the fossil record seem to support evolution more than creationism? Shouldn't a global flood mix all animals equally. I saw a post on another site that said to disprove evolution simply find a mammal in the triassic strata. This is the biggest reason why I as a Christian can't seem to buy creationism.
------------------------------------------

That's a great question, John. For starters, it may surprise you to know that 95% of all fossils discovered are marine invertebrates, particularly shellfish. Of the remaining 5%, 95% are algae and plant fossils (4.75%). 95% of the remaining 0.25% consists of other invertebrates, including insects (0.2375%). The remaining 0.0125% includes all vertebrates, mostly fish. As if that wasn't "bad" enough, 95% of the few land vertebrates consist of less than one bone.

So, before even addressing the question, we need to see the fossil record for what it really is ... a massive array of primarily marine remnants, something which would be consistent with a flood interpretation.

Secondly, nowhere in the world can you find the complete geologic column from top to bottom (about 10-12 layers). According to evolutionists, however, erosion is why the complete column is never found. Say what you wish, it still isn't there for one reason or another.

Third, in light of a flood, it would make sense for shellfish, etc, to be at the bottom, and for birds, etc, to be at the top, as they would be the last to drown. Also, land vertebrates, especially mammals, bloat when dead and float in the water.

Fourth, consider the coelacanth, a fish that was discovered in 1938 but was thought to have gone extinct about 80 million years ago. Why? Because of its placement in the geologic column, and its disappearance in all subsequent layers. Now let's consider ... the evolutionist could have said before 1938, as the post you quoted said, "Simply find a coelacanth in Palaeocene, Eocene, or Oligocene strata, and you'll disprove evolution." Yet, no coelacanth has been found in such strata, but we know they're still alive today. Truly, a host of other "living fossils" could be brought forth to prove this same point.

Much more could be said, but I hope some of this information sheds some new light on the topic for you and other readers.

Thanks for writing,


Jordan Niednagel





Home

Cryptozoology - The study of the hidden animal world, cryptozoology is a science of speculation and surprise, involving the search for animals thought to be extinct to new creatures never before identified.


Creation vs Evolution - What was popularized in 1859 by former Christian turned agnostic, Charles Darwin, has in our day become one of the most hotly contested and sharply dividing issues to be found anywhere.


Dinosaurs - Considerable controversy surrounds dinosaurs, from their place in history to their color, habits, and overall physiology. As viewpoints collide, the search for answers continues.



TrueAuthority.com - All Rights Reserved - true@trueauthority.com - Best Viewed With IE 6.0 & Above